RRS Discovery: Aboard The World's First Polar Research Vessel

Welcome to our Coral Heads Community Forum and Chat
Coral Heads is an Island Lifestyle Company.
We are dedicated to providing educational videography of coral reefs, artificial reefs, and shipwrecks!
Wanting to explore with the rest of our members? Feel free to become a member today.
Explore as a Coral Heads Community Forum Member Now!

Coral Heads is an Island Lifestyle Company!

We share amazing video of Coral Reefs, Artificial Reefs, and Shipwrecks.

Documenting our oceans so you may live vicariously through our eyes. Plus we will soon offer private island vacations along with underwater eco-tourism packages!

MarkLaymon

Mark Laymon
Staff member
Apr 29, 2020
Florida
CoralHeads.com

RRS Discovery: Aboard The World's First Polar Research Vessel​

'RRS Discovery: Aboard The World's First Polar Research Vessel'

Dan Snow steps aboard the RRS Discovery in Dundee, the first purpose built scientific research vessel for the Antarctic. Guided around the ship by Ali Gellatly, he learns what life and adventure was like aboard this unique vessel.

The legendary polar explorer Captain Scott commanded Discovery's first expedition south from 1901-1904, during which the ship would spend two years locked in the polar ice.

Also on that expedition was none other than Ernest Shackleton, who would later go on to gain global renown after the Endurance expedition of 1914.

History Hit

History - the most exciting and important things that have ever happened on the planet. History Hit brings you the most extraordinary, dramatic, tragic and fascinating stories of our shared past.

We are reinventing how history is told in the digital age through video, podcasts, articles and more.

We have been running a weekly podcast for three years, with it being the number one most listened to history podcast on iTunes. There are now over 300 episodes of Dan Snow’s History Hit, and we also publish Art Detective and the History of the Unexpected podcast.

In 2018 we launched HistoryHit.TV – a new online only channel for history lovers. You can find hundreds of history documentaries, interviews and short films.

Our new website also allows history fans to access historical trivia and articles by well known historians.

You can find us on Facebook and also follow us on Twitter. You can also sign up to our newsletter.

MarkLaymon

Mark Laymon
Staff member
Apr 29, 2020
Florida
CoralHeads.com
It's all in the eyes!

RRS Discovery Aboard The World's First Polar Research Vessel​.jpg

MarkLaymon

Mark Laymon
Staff member
Apr 29, 2020
Florida
CoralHeads.com
Where can I get a cold weather mask like this guy has? I doubt it would have replaced my goggles I used in North Dakota, but it looks very cool.

Donate