DJI - Introducing DJI Mini 3 Pro

Welcome to our Coral Heads Community Forum and Chat
Coral Heads is an Island Lifestyle Company.
We are dedicated to providing educational videography of coral reefs, artificial reefs, and shipwrecks!
Wanting to explore with the rest of our members? Feel free to become a member today.
Explore as a Coral Heads Community Forum Member Now!

Coral Heads is an Island Lifestyle Company!

We share amazing video of Coral Reefs, Artificial Reefs, and Shipwrecks.

Documenting our oceans so you may live vicariously through our eyes. Plus we will soon offer private island vacations along with underwater eco-tourism packages!

MarkLaymon

Mark Laymon
Staff member
Apr 29, 2020
Florida
CoralHeads.com

Mini 3 Pro v Mini 2 – Should You Upgrade? – Full Comparison with Color Chart Side-by-Side​

You just watched the DJI Live event for the Mini 3 Pro? You are trying to figure out if you mini 2 has become outdated because of this new release? Look no further than this comparison. We go through all our quantitative testing and the results may surprise you.

MarkLaymon

Mark Laymon
Staff member
Apr 29, 2020
Florida
CoralHeads.com

DJI Mini 3 Pro VS DJI Mavic 3 | NIGHT MODE | Camera Test​

Here We Have The DJI Mini 3 Pro VS DJI Mavic 3 | NIGHT MODE | Camera Test Comparison

MarkLaymon

Mark Laymon
Staff member
Apr 29, 2020
Florida
CoralHeads.com

Is the Mini 3 Pro an Air2S Killer? - Photo Comparison - Video Comparison​

Could DJI's Mini 3 Pro beat out their own Air2S. This is a battle of the small drones and the small sensors. The Air2S has a 1' Sensor and the Mini 3 Pro has a 1/1.3' Sensor.

MarkLaymon

Mark Laymon
Staff member
Apr 29, 2020
Florida
CoralHeads.com

DJI Mini 3 Pro - Which combo/package to buy // Fly more kit? Smart Controller compatibility​

Which kit, combo or package to get with the Mini 3 Pro. This time is different because normally you want the fly more kit for the extra battery and ND filters. But with the Mini 3 Pro, DJI isn't including ND filters in the fly more kits.

That means you could just order the drone with whichever controller you want, then buy 1 extra battery and the ND filter package separately.
You really want a second battery no matter what, just trust me please.
You will need ND filters if you want to get pro footage or go down that path later on.
Those two are the only essentials.

The Smart Controller that comes with the Mini 3 Pro is called the DJI RC. This is not the same as the big black one that comes with the Mavic 3 Cine (DJI RC PRO) but I STRONGLY recommend especially since its not much more for that package.

This one is only compatible with the DJI Mini 3 Pro (RIGHT NOW)
When I was testing this drone before launch for DJI and I was using the beta version of the controller, it let me connect to Air 2S or Mavic 3, no clue why that was.
Maybe they were testing the feature, maybe it was just because I had the prototype software/controller and it isn't a feature that works very well.

I'm hopeful (like we all are) that they add compatability for the Air 2S at least becuase that would be awesome.

Right now only the DJI RC PRO smart controller can control the Mavic 3, Mavic 3 Cine, and Air 2S.

QuickAssTutorials​

Because nobody has time to sit through fifteen minutes of some 12 year old whispering into a mic about how to turn on motion blur in Premiere Pro

Licensed Drone Operator, Camera Operator, Editor, Motion Graphics Artist 11+ years
(Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Lightroom, Adobe Audition)

My Drone Cinematography, Editing, and Marketing Course:

Drone Photography, Lightroom Editing, and Marketing Course:

My website for video production in phoenix http://azcorporatevideo.com

I give advice and settings for DJI Mini 2, DJI Mavic 3, Mavic Air 2S and more, as well as drone cinematography tips and drone business advice. How to make money with a drone is most of the focus in my Online Course so I mention it a lot here.

MarkLaymon

Mark Laymon
Staff member
Apr 29, 2020
Florida
CoralHeads.com

DJI Mini 3 Pro Review - HUGE upgrades!​

DJI Mini 3 Pro is HERE and this drone REALLY performs. DJI sent me the Mini 3 Pro early to review in-depth. Look at this footage at sunset and in beach wind, dynamic range is much better. I’ve had some time with the Mini 3 Pro and this thing is a huge step up from the Mini 2:

1/1.3” Sensor f1.7
4K 60fps
Hyperlapse
Collision Sensors
D-Cinelike
Active Track
Vertical Filming
Dedicated Smart Controller
47 min battery (optional)

I’ll keep posting more footage with it but holy cow I am so happy they added hyperlapse to this drone, that is something I really love to do.

Tri-Directional Collision sensors are a huge deal too.
Vertical filming thankfully isn’t a parlor trick, it is full 4K, no quality loss

They said they don’t want the Mini 3 Pro to compete with the Mini 2. This drone is supposed to be for getting professional sellable quality while prioritizing the size and convenience of the Mini - under 250g

Donate