3 Things I Wish I Knew When Starting Out Spearfishing | ADRENO

Welcome to our Coral Heads Community Forum and Chat
Coral Heads is an Island Lifestyle Company.
We are dedicated to providing educational videography of coral reefs, artificial reefs, and shipwrecks!
Wanting to explore with the rest of our members? Feel free to become a member today.
Explore as a Coral Heads Community Forum Member Now!

Coral Heads is an Island Lifestyle Company!

We share amazing video of Coral Reefs, Artificial Reefs, and Shipwrecks.

Documenting our oceans so you may live vicariously through our eyes. Plus we will soon offer private island vacations along with underwater eco-tourism packages!

MarkLaymon

Mark Laymon
Staff member
Apr 29, 2020
Florida
CoralHeads.com

3 Things I Wish I Knew When Starting Out Spearfishing | ADRENO​

When you're just starting out spearfishing, there's both good news and bad news. The bad news is that most of tend to make novice mistakes. This is completely expected... It's not meant to be easy! The good news is that ADRENO and the spearo community is here to help and offer advice that we wish we would have received when we started out!

In this video, Eckhart from ADRENO Melbourne covers three things that he wishes he knew when starting out spearfishing. These points include the following:

1. Buying the right gear: Eckhart used his dad's old speargun when starting out, which involved some repair work. It turns out that this repair work cost more than buying a brand new speargun! Eckhart has learned through experience that often buying the right gear in the first place, saves you money in the long run.

2. Completing a freediving course: as great as the internet is for advice when starting out spearfishing, there really is no substitute for the valuable knowledge you'll gain through completing a freediving course. Eckhart burst an eardrum when starting out spearfishing, and lost 15% of his hearing. He strongly believes that if he attended a freediving course in his early spearfishing days, he would not have lost part of his hearing!

3. Join a club: whether it's a Facebook local spearfishing group or physical club that meet up, the know-how you'll gather from surrounding yourselves with fellow spearos is priceless.

Adreno Spearfishing Website
http://www.spearfishing.com.au

Adreno Spearfishing

Adreno Spearfishing is the world's largest spearfishing store!

The Adreno journey had humble beginnings in 2001 in the back streets of Woolloongabba, Brisbane where former Australian Spearfishing Champion Tim Neilsen recognised a demand for well-informed professional customer service backed by a full range of quality spearfishing and scuba diving products.

Today boasting the largest range of spearfishing and scuba diving products in Australia, and only recruiting passionate experts who live and breathe underwater adventure, Adreno truly has made itself a destination store. With megastores in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne & online, Adreno really is the worlds best dive store.

3 Things I Wish I Knew When Starting Out Spearfishing ADRENO.jpg

Donate