Simple Way To Tie An FG Knot Fast (Easiest Method Braid To Leader Fishing Knot)

Welcome to our Coral Heads Community Forum and Chat
Coral Heads is an Island Lifestyle Company.
We are dedicated to providing educational videography of coral reefs, artificial reefs, and shipwrecks!
Wanting to explore with the rest of our members? Feel free to become a member today.
Explore as a Coral Heads Community Forum Member Now!

Coral Heads is an Island Lifestyle Company!

We share amazing video of Coral Reefs, Artificial Reefs, and Shipwrecks.

Documenting our oceans so you may live vicariously through our eyes. Plus we will soon offer private island vacations along with underwater eco-tourism packages!

MarkLaymon

Mark Laymon
Staff member
Apr 29, 2020
Florida
CoralHeads.com

Simple Way To Tie An FG Knot Fast (Easiest Method Braid To Leader Fishing Knot)​

Upclose tutorial showing how to tie the strongest braid to leader knot for fishing. This easy and fast way of tying the FG knot is simple to learn with this step by step demonstration.

Many other video illustrations require that tension be used when tying this knot, such as the "pinky method." This instructional teaches how to tie the "no tension FG knot" which is the simplest method to use when connecting light or heavy leader lines to braid.

There are many different types of knots for joining leader line to the main, but none of them are as slim or as strong as the one in this video presentation.

When finishing off the knot I chose to use half hitches, but other videos teach what's know as the "Rizutto Finish" which doesn't use hitch knots. I personally think using rizutto method is a waste of time. The method I demonstrate in this video is much easier and works just as well.

Credit Where It Is Due I originally learned this fast and easy way to tie an FG knot from the Tackle Advisors Youtube channel when I was somewhat of a beginner. Here is a link to the video tutorial I learned from: https://youtu.be/SaERGwDOHAY

Rad Reeling Fishing

My name is JC. My goal is to produce creative videos that include many years of wisdom gained through fishing. I generally fish all over Florida, but mainly the south coast. Common species caught are Sheepshead, Snook, Redfish, Trout, Bluefish, Pompano, Spanish Mackerel, Grouper, Mangrove Snapper, Largemouth Bass, Bluegill, Flounder, Seabass and an occasional Tarpon or Tripletail. I fish with lures, live and cut bait.

Donate