Chef Sam Gorenstein’s Ceviche Tips & Recipes

Welcome to our Coral Heads Community Forum and Chat
Coral Heads is an Island Lifestyle Company.
We are dedicated to providing educational videography of coral reefs, artificial reefs, and shipwrecks!
Wanting to explore with the rest of our members? Feel free to become a member today.
Explore as a Coral Heads Community Forum Member Now!

Coral Heads is an Island Lifestyle Company!

We share amazing video of Coral Reefs, Artificial Reefs, and Shipwrecks.

Documenting our oceans so you may live vicariously through our eyes. Plus we will soon offer private island vacations along with underwater eco-tourism packages!

MarkLaymon

Mark Laymon
Staff member
Apr 29, 2020
Florida
CoralHeads.com

Chef Sam Gorenstein’s Ceviche Tips & Recipes​

Golden Tile​

“This is a deep-water fish that has a delicate, white flesh that is ideal for baking and roasting.”

Chef Sam Gorenstein worked in fine dining before opening his seafood-focused restaurant in Miami Beach called My Ceviche. “My passion has always been to cook with seafood,” says Gorenstein. “Growing up in a coastal city in Colombia, fresh seafood was always around and made up the majority of my diet. I recognized the need for a casual cevichería in Miami that would capitalize and take advantage of the bounty of fresh seafood that we have available to us.”

My Ceviche currently has two locations with two more scheduled to open soon. “The whole concept behind My Ceviche was to bring the freshest seafood to a casual and approachable setting,” he says, “bringing the feel of the beach to a table setting.”

Fans of the restaurant include chefs like Nina Compton who calls it her go-to spot for ceviche and recommends the Octopus and Aji Amarillo Ceviche. In addition, chef Michelle Bernstein (Michy’s) says, “get whatever is fresh that day. He makes it a la minute and it’s incredible.”

Donate