Saltwater Fishing Gear

Saltwater Fishing Gear - Let's discuss the plethora of amazing saltwater fishing gear available to us! What type of saltwater fishing do you like to do?
Welcome to our Coral Heads Community Forum and Chat
Coral Heads is an Island Lifestyle Company.
We are dedicated to providing educational videography of coral reefs, artificial reefs, and shipwrecks!
Wanting to explore with the rest of our members? Feel free to become a member today.
Explore as a Coral Heads Community Forum Member Now!

Coral Heads is an Island Lifestyle Company!

We share amazing video of Coral Reefs, Artificial Reefs, and Shipwrecks.

Documenting our oceans so you may live vicariously through our eyes. Plus we will soon offer private island vacations along with underwater eco-tourism packages!

Saltwater Fishing Rods

Saltwater Fishing Rods - What is the best fishing rod for saltwater fishing? How do I choose a saltwater rod? Should I get a medium or medium heavy rod?
Threads

Saltwater Fishing Reels

Saltwater Fishing Reels - What is the best reel for saltwater fishing? How do I choose a saltwater reel? Do you need a special reel for saltwater? Can you saltwater fish with a baitcaster?
Threads

Saltwater Fishing Rod and Reel Combos

Saltwater Fishing Rod and Reel Combos - What is the best saltwater rod and reel combo? How do I choose a saltwater rod and reel? What is the best deep sea fishing rod and reel? What is the best all-around fishing rod and reel combo? What is a good fishing rod and reel combo? Should you buy a rod and reel combo? How much does a good fishing rod and reel cost?
Threads

Line & Leader

Line & Leader - Do you need a leader line? Do I need a leader with mono line? Should leader line be heavier than Main Line? How do you use a leader? Can you use fluorocarbon line as a leader? How do you tie a leader to the main line? How long should a leader be on braided line? What is the difference between leader line and fishing line? What is better fluorocarbon or monofilament?
Threads

Lures

Lures - How do I choose a lure? What color lures are most effective? What color do fish like the most? Do you need a weight with a lure? Can you fish with lures at night? Do you need a swivel when using lures? Do fish like glow in the dark lures?
Threads

Terminal Tackle

Terminal Tackle - Terminal tackle is a broad term used when referring to the fishing tackle that is tied, clipped, or slid onto the end or near the end of fishing line. - What is the difference between bait and tackle? How to organize Terminal Tackle? What is Terminal Tackle? Do I need Terminal Tackle when fishing?
Threads

Knives & Sharpeners

Knives & Sharpeners - What is the best knife sharpener on the market? What is the best knife sharpener for beginners? Are pull through sharpeners bad for knives? Who makes the best kitchen knife sharpener? What do professionals use to sharpen knives? What is the best knife sharpener for high end knives? Do electric knife sharpeners damage knives? How do you sharpen an expensive knife? What is the hardest steel for a knife? What is the best metal for a knife blade? Are automatic knife sharpeners worth it?
Threads

Cast Nets

Cast Nets - What is the best cast net? What is the best size cast net? What is the easiest cast net to throw? How do I choose a cast net? When would you use a cast net? Which is better Nylon or mono cast net? How do you throw a cast net perfectly every time? How do you throw a 6ft cast net? What is the best cast net for mullet? How do you throw a cast net over your shoulder?
Threads

Splicing Needles & Tools

Splicing Needles & Tools - What are Splicing Needles & Tools? - Splicing Needles feature a smooth round head to easily thread into any hollow type fishing line for the most secure connections. These needles are hollow on one end to accept monofilament or fluorocarbon leader/topshot. How do you use Splicing Needles & Tools? What are the splicing tools? How do you splice a hollow core braid? How do you attach a hollow braid to a leader? How do you tie mono top shot to braid? How do you connect mono and braid?
Threads

Crimping Tools, Scissors, and Cutters

Crimping Tools, Scissors, and Cutters for Fishing - What are Crimping Tools, Scissors, and Cutters for Fishing? What are crimps used for in fishing? What are crimping pliers used for? How do you use a crimping tool for fishing? Do I need a crimping tool? Where do you use a crimping tool? What is the meaning of crimps? What are the types of crimping? When should you crimp fishing line? How do you crimp a heavy fishing line?
Threads

Bait

Bait - What is the best Bait? Live (or natural) baits are anything alive or previously alive that you use to catch fish. Some of the best freshwater fishing bait include worms, leeches, minnows, crayfish, crickets and grasshoppers. Select good saltwater baits including sea worms, eels, crabs, shrimp, strips of squid, and cut-up pieces of fish. What is the best bait in the world? What is the best homemade fishing bait? What food makes good fish bait? What smell attracts fish?
Threads

Chum

Chum - What is the best Chum? How do you make the best chum? What is chum made of in real life? How do you attract baitfish? Does fish attractant really work? What is the best live Chum?
Threads

Beach Wagons & Dock Carts

Beach Wagons & Dock Carts - What is the best cart for the beach? What is the best collapsible wagon? What are the best wheels for sand? How do you carry everything to the beach? What is the best fishing cart?
Threads

Gimbals, Fighting Belts, & Harness Sets

Gimbals, Fighting Belts, & Harness Sets - What are Gimbals, Fighting Belts, and Harness Sets for Fishing? How do you use a fish fighting belt? How do you use a fishing harness? What are wading belts for? What is a fishing belt? What do you wear under your waders? How do you use a fish fighting belt for offshore fishing?
Threads

Waders & Wading Shoes

Waders & Wading Shoes - What kind of shoes do you wear with waders? Do I need wading boots with waders? Do wading boots get wet inside? Do you wear socks with wading boots?
Threads

Bowfishing

Bowfishing - What is Bowfishing? Can any bow be used for bowfishing? What is the best draw weight for bowfishing? What is the minimum draw weight for bowfishing? How low do you aim when bowfishing? Do you need a special bow for bowfishing? What is the best bowfishing setup? How do you start bowfishing? Can you Bowfish at night?
Threads

Scales

Scales - Scales and Weighing Systems for Fishing? What is the best scale for weighing fish? What scale do pro fishermen use? How do you weigh fish with a scale? What is a good fish scale? How accurate is a fish scale? Where do you hook a fish on a scale? How do you read fish scales? Are digital fish scales accurate? How do you weigh a large fish?
Threads

Donate